OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

Windows 8.1 Pro x64 HD graphics and OpenCL (Small survey)

LLess
Beginner

Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you got OpenCL working on Windows 8.1 Pro x64.

I have tried it with an application that used to work in Windows 7 and it crashed my HD5000 driver (3277, Sony VAIO DUO Pro 13 doesn't allow 3316 to be installed ).

I am going to try with my desktop HD4000 but I am curious to hear if any of you got anything running so far.

Cheers.

Laurent

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ARNON_P_Intel
Employee

Hi

Please try the new SDK (R2) for Windows 8.1 now available in the downloads menu.

Note that you need first to update the graphics driver. See more information in our new support tab: http://software.intel.com/en-us/vcsource/tools/opencl-sdk#pid-20228-1441

Thanks,

Arnon

0 Kudos
LLess
Beginner

Hi Anon,

Thanks I will try that tomorrow. Just hope that the driver installation will proceed fine.

Cheers.

Laurent

0 Kudos
LLess
Beginner

Ok that worked. And I can run my app.

Now there is only one problem. If like me you had installed the previous version of the SDK before updating to Windows 8.1 then you can't remove it anymore. You will have to delete the registry keys for it (Search "SDK for OpenCL" ) before installing the new version :)

Laurent

0 Kudos