OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

clSetKernelArg for the New PC

lucas_w_2
Beginner

Hi guys.

I write OpenCL program at a asus PC with Intel HD 4600 GPU based on Win10 64bits. From Device Manger, I find the GPU driver vesion is 20.19.15.4463. OpenCL program run successfully.  But I put program to the new PC with intel  HD 5500.(Driver vesion is 10.18.15.4248), running the program is ok ,but if exit the program, there is a error that Display drier stopped responding and has recovered.

I find the error caused by the clSetKernelArg.  My GPU kernel function  has 10 arguments. I have do some testing at the new PC, following those steps:

1) I delete all the content in the GPU kernel function, so it is an empty function.

2) if I set 10 arguments for the kernel, error happens.

3) if the number of arguments is less 10, no error.

Is it possible that the OpenCL implementation has problem for Driver 10.18.15.4248?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
lucas_w_2
Beginner

sorry guys. forget above.

I find clReleaseCommandQueue causes that driver error.

0 Kudos