OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

how to get the GPU to work on Ubuntu 18.04 nuv8i7 with iris 655

brown__patrick
Beginner

Hello,

Does any one have experience in getting a nuc8i7 GPU to work on a ubuntu 18.04?

Particularly supporting the opencl library

Thanks

Patrick,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JACEK_D_Intel
Employee

Have you tried deb packages from our weekly releases: https://github.com/intel/compute-runtime/releases?

0 Kudos
Michael_C_Intel1

Hi PatrickB,

• Are you encountering issues deploying the runtime or are you trying to deploy developer tools for an OpenCL™ application?
    • If you have any specific errors or questions please add them to this thread.
  • The link from JacekD has an install walkthrough for Intel® Graphics Compute Runtime for OpenCL™ Applications on an Ubuntu system.
    • To clarify OpenCL™ runtime options please take a look at this article.
  • Ubuntu 18.04 is deployed with a kernel newer than 4.11. Since that kernel the default i915 kernel module supports recent Intel® Graphics on Intel® Core™ i7 processors in NUC systems. So... applying runtimes per the github link should be enough to execute applications.
  • For a developer setup walkthrough:
  • I run on a Broadwell based NUC regularly.

Thanks,

-MichaelC

0 Kudos