OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

igfxdcd: failed to locate the system routine

mike_p_4
Beginner

Hi,

After getting the i915 not OpenCL(ing) anymore yet again, I followed the last comment, so I re-installed the Intel Opencl driver, the Intel Opencl SDK and patched kernel and modules, the issue was the some, so I found out the reason: "ulimit -s 99999999"

Why that causes the problem?

That setting caused the i915 to not OpenCL(ing), I fixed it with ulimit -s 81.. as the default value, but now every time I use Opencl I got the constant message:

igfxdcd: failed to locate the system routine. What that means and how to solve it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

I'm checking with the team to see if we can find any insights.  Basically, if install is correct this message is not expected.

To get a full set of info on your environment, could you post the full output of the updated system analyzer? https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/mss-sys-analyzer-linux

$ python sys_analyzer_linux.py -v

Alternately, since the issue is quite likely to be install related, if you have not tried this already you could try installing the Media Server Studio community edition.  Instructions for installing in Ubuntu are here:  https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-to-setup-media-server-studio-on-secondary-os-of-linux

0 Kudos
mike_p_4
Beginner

Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks for the prompted reply. In my previous post about i915 not OpenCL(ing) anymore, I had to re-install Linux, to get it works again, then the issue represented itself, so I decided to re-install not Linux itself, but the Intel OpenCL sdk, the Intel OpenCL driver, the patched kernel and modules, but still had the issue until I found out that issue was caused by setting ulimit -s to 999999999 (that is why in the trace attached in my previous post, there was out of memory at the end), so I put back ulimit -s to what it was, and everything was back again, apart from the issue of igfxdcd.

Now I unloaded the igfxdcd module, in order not to get the message. Is that module necessary?

Hardware readiness checks:

[OK] Processor name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5775C CPU @ 3.30GHZ

[INFO] Intel Processor

[INFO] Processor brand: Core

[INFO] Processor arch: Broadwell

OS readiness checks:

[INFO] GPU PCI id  : 1622

[INFO] GPU description: BDW GT3 ULT

[OK] GPU visible to OS

[INFO] no nomodeset in GRUB cmdline (good)

[INFO] Linux distro : Ubuntu 14.04

[INFO] linux kernel : 4.4.0.intel.r16.5

[INFO] glibc version 2.19

[INFO] gcc version : 4.8.4 (>=4.8.2 suggested)

[INFO] /dev/dri/card0 : YES

[INFO] /dev/dri/renderD128 : YES

Component Smoke Testk:

[OK] OpenCL check: platform:Intel(R) OpenCL GPU OK CPU OK

I guess that I'm getting that message because I re-installed the kernel and kernel modules again.

0 Kudos
mike_p_4
Beginner

Hi Jeffrey,

I was wondering, is that error  related to the i915 or to the OpenCL I'm running?

Thanks

0 Kudos
raymond_z_1
Beginner

Is the igfxdcd driver in GPL license? If so where is the location of the source files?

0 Kudos
raymond_z_1
Beginner

I found the source files, thanks. 

0 Kudos