OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.

int4 inside kernels

Nagy-Egri__Mate_Fere
New Contributor I
Hi!

I am new to the Intel OpenCL SDK (but have been using AMD OpenCL for 3 years now). I have found that the compiler gives error:

:254:25: error: unexpected type name 'int4': expected expression
:255:25: error: unexpected type name 'int8': expected expression

I have read through all of the guides and references, read through forum but have not found any indication to why this error appears. It is as if this type would not exist. AVX is only done for floating point, this is mentioned in one pf the guides, however I would expect the type to be implemented, evn if it serializes in execution, just for portability's sake.

What is the way to get int8 (or whatever int vector types) working? I would not change my project, because it is too deep inside the framework to remove fixed point vector types.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Ok, I found the source of my problem. It was a syntax error in typecasting and the compiler did not complain about "typename var", but typname(value) as a cast in the same line. I guess one can't get used enough to casts. Sry, my bad
0 Kudos
0 Replies