OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

ioc64 installed on Fedora 25 throwing instance of 'std::string', aborting

David_V_
Beginner

I am working on getting the Intel OpenCL SDK up and running on a Fedora 25 Skylake machine (Core i7-6700).  So far I have:

1. Installed the xorg-x11-drv-intel package from the Fedora (or maybe RPMFusion) repo
  2. Installed the Intel SDK for OpenCL Applications 2016 R3 for Linux with sudo permissions

Step 2 warned about Unsupported OS and Intel Debugger for Heterogeneous Compute Unsupported OS, and I selected to ignore those prereqs.

When I run 

ioc64 -version

I get the following output:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::string'
Aborted (core dumped)

Same thing with 

ioc64 -help

Have I installed the correct components?  Could this error be related to using an unsupported OS?  Any suggestions on how to proceed?

EDIT: More info:

$ sudo lshw -c video
  *-display                 
       description: VGA compatible controller
       product: HD Graphics 530
       vendor: Intel Corporation
       physical id: 2
       bus info: pci@0000:00:02.0
       version: 06
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pciexpress msi pm vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
       configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
       resources: irq:132 memory:f6000000-f6ffffff memory:e0000000-efffffff ioport:f000(size=64) memory:c0000-dffff
$ modinfo i915
filename:       /lib/modules/4.8.8-200.fc24.x86_64/kernel/drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915.ko.xz
license:        GPL and additional rights
description:    Intel Graphics
author:         Intel Corporation
author:         Tungsten Graphics, Inc.
firmware:       i915/bxt_dmc_ver1_07.bin
firmware:       i915/skl_dmc_ver1_26.bin
firmware:       i915/kbl_dmc_ver1_01.bin
firmware:       i915/kbl_guc_ver9_14.bin
firmware:       i915/bxt_guc_ver8_7.bin
firmware:       i915/skl_guc_ver6_1.bin
<snip>

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

You may be missing some components.  You need the SDK for ioc64 as well as the driver/runtime package that matches your system.

See here for more info: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/opencl-drivers

For i7-6700 you will probably want the SRB3.1 driver package to access the GPU.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

You may be missing some components.  You need the SDK for ioc64 as well as the driver/runtime package that matches your system.

See here for more info: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/opencl-drivers

For i7-6700 you will probably want the SRB3.1 driver package to access the GPU.

0 Kudos
David_V_
Beginner

Thanks for the response.  I did install part of the SRB3.1 driver package yesterday (intel-opencl-r3.1*.rpm), but looking at the link you posted again, I realized I had forgotten the CPU runtime environment (intel-opencl-cpu-r3.1*.rpm).  Works now!

>> ioc64 -version
Kernel Builder for OpenCL API - compiler command line, version 6.3.0.1904

0 Kudos