OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

motion vector estimation

verma__Ashish
Beginner

HI,

I am trying to do motion vector estimation using opencl. I have referred to this link

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intro-to-motion-estimation-extension-for-opencl#comment-1935932

I am reading frames from camera(YUYV format) and finding out motion vectors. After that I am Overlaying Vectors on y channel of image then I have converted it into bgr and showing the results using opencv but the motion vectors are not aligned to the movement of the scene.

Any help will be appreciated

Regards

Ashish

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ben_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Ashish,

Can you describe the behavior you are seeing in more detail?

You may also want to try this "device side VME" sample, which does something similar:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intro-ds-vme

Thanks!

0 Kudos
verma__Ashish
Beginner

Hello Ben,

I have read that link also did not help though

The behaviour is like this -

I can see the motion vectors moving when I am waving a object in front of the camera but it is not aligned to my hand in the video, coordinates are different although there is a sync between the motion vectors and the object movement but when I am displaying it the video vectors are not on top of the object movement(coordinates are different), Its coming on one side so the alignment is not there. I can record a video and send it to you If that helps.

Regards

Ashish

0 Kudos
Michael_C_Intel1

Hi Ashish,

Is there an issue with the built sample directly from the article?... I read your description like you have an addition, enhancement, or related source that has a malformed transfer function. Assuming motion vectors look sensible but unaligned, it sounds like it's necessary to review addressing and indexing for your workitem data elements coming from the kernel back to images.

-MichaelC

0 Kudos