OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.

some questions about the OpenCL Video Motion Estimation Sample

yue_c_
Beginner

when running the code sample ,i get the pictures overlaid the motion vector ( get the same result as

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intro-to-motion-estimation-extension-for-opencl  

at the end of the website page , you can see the result picture).

but , the motion vector is too short, that is, the search radius is too small . the searth region is the 8-neighbor of the center 

motion block.

i want to expand the search radius ,but i don't konw how to modify the sample....is there anyone could help me ? thanks very much.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Tamer_Assad
Innovator

Hi Yue,

Motion estimation extension for OpenCL is implemented by intel and now is Khronos standard.

Motion Estimation basically is a fundamental process in video coding standards such as "ITU H.264" and "ISO MPEG-4". Motion vector search and motion estimation adopts known sizes for Macro blocks (h X w pixels),  Motion estimation extension implements standard 16x16, 8x8, and 4x4 MB sizes.

The sample is using 16x16, this is the largest possible MB size supported by this extension, "CL_ME_MB_TYPE_16x16_INTEL".

You might consider a custom implementation of motion estimation, on none standard MB sizes; in this case, you should consider the processing load, depending on the nature of your application. Standard video coding Motion Estimation performs motion estimation on every frame in a video sequence, comparing each MB within a given frame to the same MB location in a relevant reference frame.

Best regards,

Tamer Assad

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
yue_c_
Beginner

0 Kudos
Tamer_Assad
Innovator

Hi Yue,

Motion estimation extension for OpenCL is implemented by intel and now is Khronos standard.

Motion Estimation basically is a fundamental process in video coding standards such as "ITU H.264" and "ISO MPEG-4". Motion vector search and motion estimation adopts known sizes for Macro blocks (h X w pixels),  Motion estimation extension implements standard 16x16, 8x8, and 4x4 MB sizes.

The sample is using 16x16, this is the largest possible MB size supported by this extension, "CL_ME_MB_TYPE_16x16_INTEL".

You might consider a custom implementation of motion estimation, on none standard MB sizes; in this case, you should consider the processing load, depending on the nature of your application. Standard video coding Motion Estimation performs motion estimation on every frame in a video sequence, comparing each MB within a given frame to the same MB location in a relevant reference frame.

Best regards,

Tamer Assad

0 Kudos
yue_c_
Beginner

ok ,thank you Tamer.

0 Kudos