Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Замена i5-10400f

Loptop
Beginner
Добрый день, купил 2 конфигурации i5-10400 и 10400f. Процессоры отличные, но вот со старыми видеокартой не работают новые материнские платы. Возможно замена процессора i5-10400f с доплатой на i5-10400 с графическим видео ядром? Вопрос возник уже после установки.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @n_scott_pearson 

You didn't understand correctly what @Loptop ask. He bought two Intel Processors: i5-10400 (with integrated graphics) and 10400F (without integrated GPU). Since after installation he realized that 10400F doesn't supports the old graphics adapter, he ask if he can return the 10400F and get the 10400 after paying the difference in price? 

@Loptop  this is not a place to ask this question. You should ask the dealer he sold the processors.

Leon

View solution in original post

6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

The i5-10400F does not have graphics.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/compare.html?productIds=199271,199278

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If I understand correctly, you've replaced an i5-10400f, which doesn't include a graphics engine, with an i5-10400, which does. Due to compatibility issues with external graphics cards, you want to use the i5-10400's graphics engine and your motherboard's support for this graphics engine. Is that correct?

This is certainly possible and easily supported. In fact, since the processors are so close to each other, you should be able to make the processor change without needing to reinstall Windows. The first time that you boot into Windows with this processor, you should see a graphics driver installed automatically. I recommend that you manually update this driver yourself. The driver package that you want is available here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html?wapkw=i5-10400.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @n_scott_pearson 

You didn't understand correctly what @Loptop ask. He bought two Intel Processors: i5-10400 (with integrated graphics) and 10400F (without integrated GPU). Since after installation he realized that 10400F doesn't supports the old graphics adapter, he ask if he can return the 10400F and get the 10400 after paying the difference in price? 

@Loptop  this is not a place to ask this question. You should ask the dealer he sold the processors.

Leon

lEdge
New Contributor I
Ну а почему не обсудить обязательно материнскую плату? Я не ошибаюсь но процессор для настольного комплекта. Просто странно куда ты эго собрался засунуть. Не страшно ты из далека в процессор не добавишь графику.
0 Kudos
lEdge
New Contributor I
Это F.
0 Kudos