Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14514 Discussions

совместимы ли SR15E и SR2BJ?

idata
Employee

если процессор SR15E поменять на SR2BJ, будет ли материнская плата стартовать? без изменения комплектности материнской платы

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello xxxxalexxx,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

I'm sorry I do not quite understand the issue you have, would you please provide us with your processor model and what exactly is happening on your system?

Best regards,

Ivan U.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

хочу сделать Upgrade, заменить i7-4700HQ на i7-5950HQ, подобной BGA пайкой занимаюсь

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for replying with the processor model.

Now, even if your processor and motherboard sockets match, it is critical to make sure that your system BIOS supports the new processor. At this point before purchasing a mobile processor to upgrade your system, contact your http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/oems.html system manufacturer.

Only your system manufacturer is familiar with your system specifications and the processors it supports.

Work with your system manufacturer to validate that your system supports a processor upgrade and that the upgrade does not violate your warranty terms and conditions.

Lack of BIOS support for your processor can cause the system to not boot or exhibit erratic behavior.

One thing to note is that older motherboards frequently do not have BIOS support for newer processors.

Again your best contact support is with your system manufacturer to get the proper advice about upgrading or not the processor on your laptop.

Best regards,

Ivan U.

0 Kudos