Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

0x00004E24 This Platform Is Not Supported - Intel Core i5-4210M CPU @ 2.60 GHz and system x64

eirinimeg
Beginner

Hello all and happy new year, 

I use a laptop that has Intel Core i5-4210M CPU @ 2.60 GHz and system x64. Yesterday I rebooted the pc and downloaded Windows 10. So far I was using windows 8 or Linux (dual boot).

I tried today to connect a second display and even though both screens show the same content Windows cannot detect the second one, and as a result, I cannot create multiple screens.  

Searching at Device Manager I noticed that there are some Unknown devices and in Display Adapters, there is not the Intel Graphics.  

To solve this problem, as I had installed a new os I tried to run the Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility. However, I got the error 0x00004E24 This Platform Is Not Supported.

Could you please guide me on how I could solve this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Victor_G_Intel

Hello eirinimeg,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Please bear in mind that as the article mentioned the latest version of the Intel® Graphics Control Panel only works on the Windows® 10 DCH Intel® Graphics Driver version 25.20.100.6618 or newer and for your graphics the newest version is the one you have already installed which is the driver version 15.40.47.5166; however, that version that you installed should come with a compatible version of the Intel® Graphics Control Panel that you can access by right-clicking on your main desktop screen and by choosing the option called graphics properties.

In case the option for graphics properties doesn’t appear don’t worry all you need to do is to complete a clean installation of the latest generic driver we have, and the option should become available along with the overall access of the tool.

Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows® 10

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Latest generic graphics driver

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29971/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-

Note: Just so you know you should only be using the Intel® Graphics Control Panel on your system because is the one compatible with your graphics, the Intel® Graphics Command Center is not compatible with them so don’t worry if you can’t use it is not meant to be used with your system.

It is good to mention that the driver that you have currently installed is a generic version that has replaced a customized driver that your computer used to have, and some customizations might get lost since you are now running a generic version.

In order for you to get the drivers needed for those sections that you are currently having errors with please contact your laptop manufacturer for further assistance, the reason for this is that those updates are more related to the motherboard’s chipset drivers and those are only provided by the OEM(original equipment manufacturer) of the laptop.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Victor_G_Intel

Hello eirinimeg,

To better assist you please provide the following logs and information to continue with your support request.

1-Please run the following tools and attach the reports generated.  

-Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)

Download link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

•          Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information

•          By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  

•          Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

•          To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

-DXDIAG 

•          Go to Start > Run or Windows Key + R. 

•          On the Run prompt, type "dxdiag" then click OK. 

•          On the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click on Save All Information. 

•          Browse to a folder, type in a filename then click Save. 

- Intel® Graphics control panel report

Instructions link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

2-Please answer the following questions so we can have a better understanding of your issue.

-Can you please share with us the specific error code that you are getting with all of these drivers?

-Have you completed all the updates needed for this new Windows version?

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
eirinimeg
Beginner

Hello Victor, 

Thank you for your immediate reply. I will provide you with all the information you requested. 

1. I have attached the SSU Summary View

2. I have attached the DxDiag Information

3.  As far as it concerns the Intel® Graphics control panel report.

I followed the instructions from here. I was unable to locate Intel GCC as well as the Control Panel. I installed the Control Panel following the instructions from here. However, when I tried to run it I got the message " Intel Graphics is not available. Check the driver status and then launch the application."  Following the instructions from here, I wanted to install the driver. I ended up on this page and through the Inter Driver Support and Assistant I managed to do the required updates and finally find out the Graphics. 

2021-01-06 13_00_27-Greenshot.png

After all these steps and restarts I managed to detect the second screen I wanted. However, I still cannot run the Intel Control Panel and I still have unknown devices in the Device Manager.

2021-01-06 13_02_56-Greenshot.png

2021-01-06 13_04_35-Greenshot.png

4. The Windows are up to date.

How should I proceed?

Thank you for your time.

Eirini

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello eirinimeg,

Please bear in mind that as the article mentioned the latest version of the Intel® Graphics Control Panel only works on the Windows® 10 DCH Intel® Graphics Driver version 25.20.100.6618 or newer and for your graphics the newest version is the one you have already installed which is the driver version 15.40.47.5166; however, that version that you installed should come with a compatible version of the Intel® Graphics Control Panel that you can access by right-clicking on your main desktop screen and by choosing the option called graphics properties.

In case the option for graphics properties doesn’t appear don’t worry all you need to do is to complete a clean installation of the latest generic driver we have, and the option should become available along with the overall access of the tool.

Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows® 10

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Latest generic graphics driver

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29971/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-

Note: Just so you know you should only be using the Intel® Graphics Control Panel on your system because is the one compatible with your graphics, the Intel® Graphics Command Center is not compatible with them so don’t worry if you can’t use it is not meant to be used with your system.

It is good to mention that the driver that you have currently installed is a generic version that has replaced a customized driver that your computer used to have, and some customizations might get lost since you are now running a generic version.

In order for you to get the drivers needed for those sections that you are currently having errors with please contact your laptop manufacturer for further assistance, the reason for this is that those updates are more related to the motherboard’s chipset drivers and those are only provided by the OEM(original equipment manufacturer) of the laptop.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
eirinimeg
Beginner

Hello Victor, 

Thank you for your reply. You were right I managed to locate the Control Panel by right-clicking on my main desktop screen so I exported the report. 

As far as it concerns the unknown devices I will communicate with the manufacturer of the laptop. 

Thank you for your help!

Eirini

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello eirinimeg,

We are glad to know you found a solution. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Victor G.  

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos