Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14509 Discussions

1) Add the ability to save the undervolt after shutting down the PC 2) Add the possibility to modify the Core Voltage Offset and the Chache Voltage Offset separately

Emanuele1998
Beginner

Hi, I have used both intel xtu and throttlestop (obviously not simultaneously) and I have to say that the differences are few, but ThrottleStop seems to be better.

1) I wonder why on Intel Xtu once the PC is restarted the Core Voltage Offset returns to 0V. This I checked through hwi_623_4080 while instead if I reapply it marks the change.

2) Add the possibility to modify both the Core Voltage Offset and the Cache Voltage Offset separately and not that when you change the Cache Voltage the Core also changes, this already happens with ThrottleStop and it would be useful to add these 2 important functions.

I have Intel 9750H

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

"I wonder why on Intel Xtu once the PC is restarted the Core Voltage Offset returns to 0V."

Because your processor is not supported by XTU.

XTU only supports X and K processors, not your H processor.

Doc

0 Kudos
Emanuele1998
Beginner

"no, it's just bugged"

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

No, it is only supported on X and K processors as stated on the XTU download page.

Doc

0 Kudos
Emanuele1998
Beginner

I already understood you wrote it before, if it is not compatible it should not have me apply undervolt and it will not reset me immediately.

instead only on shutdown it resets which I think it does with compatible processors.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

So? You should have read the download page before trying to install the XTU. It makes no sense to debate the issue for something that was not supported from the beginning.

Doc

0 Kudos
Emanuele1998
Beginner

I'm saying more certainly with other processors it behaves the same way because I think it's a software bug.

I will never understand why it cannot be used on H intel XTU processors.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

When you have a problem with an X or K processor, be sure to give is a call.

Doc

0 Kudos