10700k stock

z490 unify

2080 super FTW3 stock

kraken x62 aio

Flare x 3200 cl14 16gb xmp enabled i stutter even with xmp off stock setting

ssd 960 evo + sabrent gen 4 1to +2to hhd this is a clean install

Evga G 850 gold psu

i tested ram no error 5000% on xmp

x34p g sync enabled + vsync on in control panel 120hz with RTTS 117 lock i tried only v sync and stutter still here

all driver updated windows updated latest bios

no discord no nvidia experience

the problem is that i stutter even on stock settings i dont understand all my temp are perfect no overclock and it stutter but it's smooth in browsing internet but in game i have stutter like in far cry 5 ex fps lock 80 in rtts and stutter 79 or 76 fps please help me i'm kinda desesperate

0 Kudos
14 Replies
BStew11
Beginner

I'm currently having a similar issue with my Core i7 9700F.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello jbord11,

Thank you for posting your question on this Intel® Community.

To better assist you, we would like to have more information about your system configuration.

• Please generate a DxDiag* report and attach it to this thread.

1. Go to Start > Run or Windows Key + R.
  2. On the Run prompt, type "dxdiag" then click OK.
  3. On the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click on Save All Information.
  4. Browse to a folder, type in a filename then click Save.

• Are you running the games with discrete graphics or onboard graphics?
  • Besides Far Cry 5, which games are being impacted by this issue? could you name two more games?
  • Are you running these games at 4096x2304@60Hz?

Hello BStew11,

Please start a new thread, and provide us with system information. Please provide a detailed description of the issue, too.

We will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
jbord11
Beginner

hello thank you for answering

i'm running games with 2080 super evga FTW3 only

i'm running these games at 3440x1440 120 Hz i tried with lower hz , no g sync , no v sync playing a 1080p and the fps drop is still here

i have stutter in EVERY game FROM 2010 games to 2020 games and big fps drop when it's loading like 117 to 5 fps the big fps drop a mostly in the menu of the game in the game it stutter when i open the map or auto save when gaming it stutter ex 117 to 113fps

When playing i have the less stutter in the game call of duty warzone but in menu big fps drop .

i have a coil whine with my graphics card in full load and when it stutter in that second the coilwhine dissapear and come back like the tension cut and comeback i dont know.

i had the 3700x before the 10700k and i had the same stutter issue i tought changing cpu would help me but ...

also when i change the voltage in override mode and auto the stutter and big fps drop are different but still there

i tested completely stock setting bios and graphics card all driver pilote updated i tried reinstalling the driver with ddu still the same.

i tried down clock the cpu to 4ghz stutter still here

i had already windows install on my ssd but a clean install completely and still there

xmp or no xmp stutter still here

evereything is smooth like butter in web browsing youtube ect just in game i have problem

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello jbord11,

Thank you for your response. We are looking into this issue.

• We would like to collect information about the health of the processor. Please run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool and attach the report generated.
  • Are you able to use third-party applications that allow you to monitor GPU, CPU, RAM usage and temperatures while in-game? If possible, please attach pictures.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
jbord11
Beginner

hello here what your ask for

today i tried swapping the graphics card i use ddu in safe mode to uninstall clean and i still have the stutter with the new graphics card

the game i tried is pubg v sync disabled in game and g sync + v sync on in nvidia control panel rrts 117 fps lock on 120hz monitor x34p i tried disabling them and the stutter are still here i tried other ram too no change

i tried putting the graphics card in the pcie slot 2 the stutter a still here

edit i tried with a different psu and it's still the same so graphics card and psu not the problem i think

Capturededde.PNGCapture.PNG

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello jbord11,

Thank you for providing more details about the FPS drops.

Please allow us to look into this issue.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello jbord11,

We would like to provide an update.

According to the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool and tools you run while playing, the processor is healthy and it is working under design specifications. Since you have tested other processors and graphics cards, and the issue continues, this does not seem to be a processor issue.

Micro-stuttering and lag during gameplay could be caused by any of the following:

1. Disk drive performance issues. The games have to load assets onto memory.
  2. OS virtual paging issues. A clean install of the OS is recommended, but you already performed this step.
  3. BIOS compatibility issues
  4. OS updates or graphics driver issue.

Since BIOS, and OS are updated. Our recommendation is that you contact your computer vendor or graphics card vendor to look into this issue. In that way, they can try to reproduce this behavior in-house and provide further recommendations.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
BStew11
Beginner

jbord11,

It sounds like the stutter may be coming from your GPU. The "coil whine" you mention is your GPU fans running 100%, the fans stop and the stutter occurs. Try this. Go into your bios settings and "Load Optimized Defaults". This is to remove any potentially unstable overclocks or settings. Reboot (saving changes) and load up a game. In the game change the resolution to 1080p and place graphic settings on low, ensure vsync is enabled. Test out the game and see if the stuttering is still there.

0 Kudos
CrazyJAT
Beginner

Coil whine has nothing to do with the fans. Coil whine is literally when components with coils on the board vibrate when electricity is run through them, creating a whine like sound. STOP the misinformation!

0 Kudos
CrazyJAT
Beginner

I have discovered the source and workaround for this issue.

This is a bug in the 10700K and has to do with the integrated GPU. 

The only way to get around this issue currently is to plug a display into the onboard video and have it enabled. Doing so completely removes the stutter/hitching in games. I have experienced this on 2 different boards with a 10700K now and this solution "works" for both systems.

Can someone PLEASE help raise awareness for this issue so Intel can fix it? HELP!

VipeNess
New Contributor I

@CrazyJAT 

Wait... what?  What motherboards are you referencing to?

I have a 10700k and have been experiencing this same micro stutter issue on an ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING motherboard.  Currently, I do have have the onboard vga disabled in bios though.

This micro stutter has been driving me bonkers for a few months now.  On top of dealing with the 2.5 Intel i225V network issue which still isn't resolved, I've done all the same methods you shared above not including plugging into the onboard vga while it's enabled.

Does it have to be plugged in all the time?

0 Kudos
Lemad
Beginner

I made an account to say I have the same issue. It mostly happens in unreal engine games and its almost like the same experience you get when you use a hard drive its like a small frame skip that emulated a micro freeze (lasts like less than a milisecond). The ONLY thing I have seen that helps is turning off HyperThreading. With HT off, I get buttery smooth gameplay. I'll try the vga plug fix.

0 Kudos
Eduardo-Peru
Beginner
Hello! I have same cpu and same video card i7 10700k with asus 2080 super

What happend to me is when I put my brothers video card to my mother board just to test and them place again my asus 2080super. I started having this fps drop problem!!! Thanks for placing this information about conectong a vga to the cpu gpu and them place again mu video card… ill do thos just coming back home drom work! Thanks alot for your post!!
0 Kudos
FenixLS
Beginner

Is there a way to fix it without connecting a second screen? I have the same problem on an asus z490 F and it doesn't always happen the same, several weeks go by and it starts to fail without knowing the reason for the failure I came to think that it was even my gpu's fault but it is not like that, is there an update for this processor or any way to fix it? thanks

0 Kudos