Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

10875H Graphics Chip (UHD 630) capable or running 4K HDR @60Hz

TimMKuehle
Novice
Hello
My question is quite simple: Can the Intel UHD 630 Graphics Chip inside a 10875H run HDR at a resolution of 3840x2400 pixels and a refresh rate of 60Hz?
I've not been able to find a definitve answer to that.
Background: Just bought a Dell XPS 17 with said Processor and everytime i turn on Windows HD Color I get very laggy performance in even the simplest UI Animations like opening and closing Explorer Windows. Since noone at Dell seemed to know anything about the issue, I was wondering if they might have chosen a processor that isn't capable or running their own display.
Thanks for your help. Happy Holidays!
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi TimMKuehle, You are very welcome, thank you very much for sharing those details.

You asked" Do you have any info about the HDR capabilities of the chip?", in the link below you will find a PDF white paper that shows all the details about the HDR feature, please read it and if you need further details about this topic please let us know:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025998/graphics.html

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

TimMKuehle, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your question, yes, the Intel® Core™ i7-10875H Processor that is working with the "Intel® UHD Graphics for 10th Gen Intel® Processors" controller is capable of supporting the 3840x2400 pixels resolution with a refresh rate of 60Hz as you can see in the link below under "Processor Graphics" tab:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/202329/intel-core-i7-10875h-processor-16m-cache-up-to-5-10-ghz.html

Keep in mind that the manufacturer of the computer has the option to do customizations on their device, they can enable/disable settings in the BIOS as well as limit features and functions of the laptop, including the resolution. Even though you mentioned that you already contacted Dell, we still recommend to get in contact directly with them to confirm those details and to check on possible customizations:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/es-cr

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

TimMKuehle
Novice
Hey Alberto
Thanks for your answer !
I already found out about the max resolution of the UHD630 Chip in the doc you linked. What I wasn't able to verify is the 630's ability to push those pixels in HDR since this should add quite a bit of load.
Do you have any info about the HDR capabilities of the chip?
Thanks in advance!
Best Regards,
Tim
0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi TimMKuehle, You are very welcome, thank you very much for sharing those details.

You asked" Do you have any info about the HDR capabilities of the chip?", in the link below you will find a PDF white paper that shows all the details about the HDR feature, please read it and if you need further details about this topic please let us know:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025998/graphics.html

Regards,

Albert R.

TimMKuehle
Novice
Hey Alberto

Thanks for sharing this whitepaper. It somehow didn't come up when i was researching the topic. That explains it for me.

Best wishes
Tim
0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi TimMKuehle, You are very welcome, thank you for providing those updates.

Perfect, excellent, we are glad to hear the White Paper was useful for you and that you were able to find the information you were looking for.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos