Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14513 Discussions

11900k Very poor performance results, faulty?

maax555
Beginner

I have just built new PC based around the 11900K and am getting very poor results on CPUBenchMark. The average score is around 27000 and I am getting only 19500.

I have Asus Z590-F Rog Strix MB, SN850 1TB (7kMBS) drive, Corsair 32GB 3200 (Cas16) memory, Dark Rick Pro 4 dual tower cooling and running onboard graphics. 

Most people I have spoken to have suggested that the system should easily run at the average and above. The suggestion is that it may be a faulty CPU. Is there any Intel software to check this?

How do I go about getting this CPU replaced, I have contacted supplier (Scan) and waiting for reply.

thanks 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello maax555, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Have you experienced other issues with the CPU? (BSOD, crashes, black screens)

2. Have you disable any Overclocking options at the BIOS? (Intel® Extreme Memory Profile, turbo boost, etc)

3. Have you updated the BIOS?

4. Have you contacted Asus to check for any specific settings at the BIOS?

Also, if you would like to check the performance of the processor, you can use the following tool:

- Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
maax555
Beginner

Thanks for quick reply. I have progressed a little further and reached what appears to be now only 10% below average.

When I built the system I was experiencing bad interference in my audio monitors (which was not their in previous setup).

To reduce the interference to I went through various settings on the BIOS. I managed to remove the interference by changing a combination of BIOS settings. This obviously had an impact on the CPU performance. So eventually by trial and error I have the the performance back up to within 10% of what I was expecting. I can get it higher by simply enabling the CPU C state option. However for some reason this introduces noise into the system. So currently I am 10% performance down with a very small amount of noise. This is not ideal as this is purely a DAW computer. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello maax555, 

Thanks for the information provided. Based on your last post, looks like some settings at the BIOS are affecting the performance of the whole computer. Considering the previous statement, I would like to confirm the following:

1. Have you contacted Asus, to check why some settings are affecting audio and CPU performance.

2. Have you checked for BIOS updates?

3. Have you updated the audio drivers? (https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-z590-f-gaming-wifi-model/helpdesk_download)

4. Have updated the video drivers? (first, use the ones from Asus and did not work use Intel's driver)

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30381/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers

5. Have you disable any Overclocking options at the BIOS? (Intel® Extreme Memory Profile, turbo boost, etc). If these options are enabled for long periods of time, they can damage the CPU.

6. Did you notice any errors when ran the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello maax555, 

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello maax555,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos