Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11600 @ 2.80GHz 792 MHz stuck at 0.79 GHz

Ciment
Beginner

Hello. I Have A Ploblem .One Day i wake up and i going to my pc I startup i noticed it happens that will weird so like i open task manager i going to Performace and i see Speed 0.79 GHz and Base Speed 0.79 i don't know what happen Please Help Me

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello Ciment,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following information:

- What are the exact behaviors you are noticing on your PC performance? Is it with some programs or games in specific?

- Was there any hardware upgrade or software/OS update before the behaviors started?

As well, please download the Intel® SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  

Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Ciment
Beginner

"- What are the exact behaviors you are noticing on your PC performance? Is it with some programs or games in specific?" i don't use it i I was away on vacation when I was preparing to go pc have 1.20 ghz and when I came home I saw that the PC has the Ghz 0.79 and the base speed 0.79 and normal CPU is on 2.80 ghz

"- Was there any hardware upgrade or software/OS update before the behaviors started?" i don't have any upgrades i check

0 Kudos
Ciment
Beginner

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows. Select Everything and then click on Scan. Once it completes the scan process, click on Next and then Save. Pick a name for the text file to produce and click on Save to create it. You can then close the app. Finally, open a response post and then, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog (below the edit box for the body of your response post), upload and attach this text file to the response post.

...S

0 Kudos
Ciment
Beginner
0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response and information provided.

Please try the following recommendations and let me know if the issue persists:

- Check the heat sink mounting for proper contact with the processor.

- Ensure the fans are clear or that the liquid cooling systems are plugged in.

- Try checking or reverting any power options in Windows that you may have changed from default settings.

- Since you have BIOS version F1, I recommend you to update to the most recent version (F7) https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B560M-DS3H-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios or load default BIOS settings.

Regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Ciment
Beginner
0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Ciment,

I would like to know if you were able to try the steps provided in the previous post. If so, are you still having the same issue?

Regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos