Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

12700H in a desktop

Dave194
Beginner

I'm looking for an everyday 12th gen desktop. Dell has one I'm interested in but it shows a mobile processor the 12700H. Is there a problem.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What kind of problem?  Ask dell as they have designed their motherboard to use this processor.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Dave194
Beginner

If the processor is made for Laptops how will it perform in a desktop. Will there be temperature problems or other compatibility issues.

0 Kudos
Dave194
Beginner

I see there are 57 views but no comments. Does anyone at Intel monitor this board?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Yes, Intel folks monitor this forum.   But, you have been advised to consult with DELL about THEIR BOARD DESIGN.

And, it is a holiday weekend in the US.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
megan3000
Valued Contributor I

You shouldn't expect much from Intel if you're asking about a dell computer, yeah, this is a question for Dell.

Intel just manufactures the CPU, but they have nothing to do and know nothing about the system design, cooler solution, internal air-flow design, or compatibility...

Who can answer those questions: Only Dell or another user that has the same system model you're interested in, but few chances you find him in this thread, you may have better luck on a Dell forum...

IMHO, I won't go for a desktop that has a mobile CPU unless it is a "mini PC" or SFF (Small form factor) because I don't have enough room and I can only place such as a small form factor computer (wherever I want to install it)... Unless it is for something basic like using it as an HTPC, that won't be my choice...

But most of the time I would say, if I'm buying a desktop, I will make sure it has a desktop CPU and good cooler so it doesn't suffer from overheating...

0 Kudos