Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14514 Discussions

12700k P-cores start running at the frequency of the E-cores every time I disconnect from the RDP

kost
Beginner

Hey! I really care about a constantly high processor speed, but for some unknown reason, the P cores start running at the frequency of the E cores every time I disconnect from the RDP. The core load chart shows that at this time, the P cores are working at about 40% load, and the E cores at 100%. If I resume the RDP session, then the load returns to 100% on all cores.
The load behaves similarly when the XTU application is open.
Now I solve this problem like this - I disable the E cores in the task manager.
I installed and updated Win 11, the latest drivers and bios. How can I solve the performance issue?

I marked with a red line the moment of disconnection from the RDP and the moment of connection after 10s

Thanks for your assistance.

Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X (BIOS F6)

Kingston FURY Beast DDR5

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @kost

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this further, could you please provide the following details?

1- Besides seeing these variations in frequency values, is this causing any issue? (e.g.: system crashes or freezes, low performance, lags, etc.). Please note that in "real world" scenarios, it is expected that there are variations in the CPU frequency since this will vary and adjust depending on the type of workload and operating environment.

2- Did you overclock the processor?

3- Did you enable Intel® XMP (Extreme Memory Profiles) and if yes, what was the memory speed configured?

4- Just to make sure, when you said "RDP", do you mean Remote Desktop Protocol?

5- Please provide more details about the exact "frequency values/drops" that you are seeing on the P-cores and provide screenshots showing the behavior/load using Intel® XTU:

6- What are the exact tasks or workload that you are doing with/through RDP? Please provide detailed step-by-step instructions for replication purposes to understand better the scenario (if possible, a video showing the steps would be great):

7- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello kost

Intel complies with all applicable trade regulations and sanctions in the countries in which it operates. Based on Intel’s announcement to cease operations in Russia, I am unable to provide the support requested.

The Intel Download Center and Intel Download Support Assistant (IDSA) are available to meet driver update needs.

We will proceed to close this thread now.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos