Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

12900KS Voltage / VID

DDFS
Beginner

Hi,

my 12900KS (on ASUS Z690 TUF, new BIOS 1404) @ stock takes up to 1.43V Vcore and 1.44V VID (HWiNFO64  V7.23-4740). While Cinebench single (5,5GHz) 1.394V and multi (5,2GHz) 1.296V. Is that normal? Good or bad?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
DDFS
Beginner
Can someone answer please?
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @DDFS

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Just to make sure we understand correctly, could you please provide us with the following information?

1- When you said "@ stock takes up to 1.43V Vcore and 1.44V VID", what exactly do you mean by "stock"?

• Is the system in an "idle" state with no running apps? (of course, besides all the regular windows services and background apps)
  • Is the processor running at defaults settings or did you overclock the processor?
  • Did you enable Intel® XMP and if yes, what was the memory speed configured?

2- When you said "While Cinebench single (5,5GHz) 1.394V and multi (5,2GHz) 1.296V", do you mean the following:

• When running the Cinebench* CPU Single-Core test, HWiNFO64* shows >>1.394V
  • And when running the Cinebench* CPU Multi-Core test, HWiNFO64* shows >>1.296V

Is this correct?

Also, did you change any of the default preferences or use the "advanced benchmark" options?

3- Please provide some screenshots of HWiNFO64* where you saw all those values.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
DDFS
Beginner

Thank you!

1) System runs at defaults;  I just set limits (Intel specification, 150W/241W, 56s). No overclocking (but TVB and ABT is enabled). I only use DDR4 3200MHz (2x16GB). "1.43V Vcore and 1.44V VID" is after ~2 hours of using the PC for Gaming, IDLE, browsing etc. So voltage range from 0,7V to 1.43V. LLC is on "auto" (3).

2) Yes, correct. Those are the voltages while running the benchmark. I only disabled minimum test duration in Cinebench.

3) I made a screenshot after using the system for a while.

Edit: This evening (second screenshot) after gaming a while I had even 1.447V Vcore (but not even 5.2GHz max. clock speed)! Polling period 500ms.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello DDFS

Thank you for your response.

Please allow us to review this further and we will be posting back as soon as more details are available.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

AndrewG_Intel

Hello DDFS

After reviewing this further, we would like to inform you that we don't have a score for single-core voltages, we only have the maximum voltage as a package, so as far as the package voltage does not exceed the 1.72V (Technical Resources >> 12th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors Datasheet, Volume 1, page 173) the processor should work fine.

We are not able to say what will be an average value when the PC is running a high workload or just in idle state because that will vary from one PC to another PC due to the software and hardware configuration.

Please keep in mind the third-party tools you run for monitoring cannot be validated by us because we don't know how they measure the processor specs, so our best recommendation is to use the Intel® XTU.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello DDFS

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos