Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

12900k broken..This can make a problem on my system?

Beginner
What does that part do?
Is it related to core voltage? or
Is it related to cpu or memory performance?

Tell me what does that part do in my processer i9 12900k. Is this not a big problem for my CPU? Or it can be terrible for my CPU?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

12900k, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Regarding your questions about the Intel® Core™ i9-12900K processor, I will do further research in order to confirm all those details and if it is risky for your platform to use the processor that way. 

Normally, it is not recommended to use a processor that is missing one of the parts or that contains physical damage. Still, I will try to confirm that information. As soon as I get any updates, I will post all the details on this thread.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello 12900k, I just received an update on this matter.

After reviewing the case, we determined that the processor does have physical damage, so we cannot guarantee that it will work properly.

Regarding the function of that piece, that's confidential, so, to confirm those details, it will be needed for you to visit, sign in and submit your inquiry on our Intel® Resource and Design Center website:

https://www.intel.in/content/www/in/en/design/resource-design-center.html

If you received the processor that way from the place of purchase, then please get in contact directly with them to claim the warranty on the unit.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos