Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14674 Discussions

14900k clock speed

tpham812
Beginner

Hi,

I read on the spcification site that the 14900k's Performance core max turbo frequency is 5.6 ghz. Using HWInfo64, my 14900k has a max of 5.7 ghz. Why is that?

Also, none of my cores seem to reach past 5.7ghz on windows' balance power plan even though it states that it can go to 5.8ghz for turbo boost 3.0 or 6.0 ghz for thermal velocity boost. When I change the plan to high performance, I then see 2 cores reaching 6.0 ghz. Is there a setting on windows to have it reach the thermal velocity boost rated speed on the balance power plan?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello @tpham812

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.

We understand your concern about the frequencies of your Intel® Core™ i9-14900K Processor, we will be more than happy to assist you.

First of all, we would like to know if you are experiencing any performance issue or crash.

Then, HWInfo64 is not an Intel official tool, so we are not sure about the accuracy of the results.

To monitor the frequencies, you can check this: Where Can I Check Processor Frequency and Other Parameters Using Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU)?

It is important to mention that every active core can be at a different frequency. The processor automatically selects the best Turbo frequency depending on the workload demand. If workload demand is high and there are no physical constraints, then the processor may operate at or close to the Turbo frequency.

Also, in order to have more information about your system, please download, install and run Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. Make sure you check “Everything” before you scan, then save the report and attach it to your response.

Then, please generate and attach the report from Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

Best regards,

Jose B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello tpham812

We hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance by attaching the required reports. 

Best regards,  

Jose B.   

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello tpham812

We hope you are having a nice day. 

We have not heard back from you. So, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards. 

Jose B.  

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos