Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

19 10900kf

teddiex1x
Beginner

hi i need help i am on my 3rd chip all running at 80c+ does anyone know how to lower it i have tried a h45 and h100i now on a be quiet dark rock pro 4 and still the same temp i have a rog maximus xii 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Under load, seeing temperatures in the 80's is perfectly normal and expected. Sounds like you are rejecting processors for all the wrong reasons. If you are seeing temperatures rise into the 90's, however, then something is wrong. Ignoring the basic mistakes with TIM, etc., remember that these liquid cooling solution are also at the mercy of the fan speed control programming in the BIOS. 

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
teddiex1x
Beginner

sorry for the delay in my reply as pc still heating up to mid to high 90`s the 2 chips that went back were tested by the shop and replaced due to them over heating i have mx4 on it and tried 3 different coolers all the same with temp i have looked at you tube for ideas to try and alter the bios but that has had little effect on the issue i have put 2 new fans on it so i now have 5 140mm and 2 120mm all going full speed the board temp according to CUIPD HWMonitor is at 29c and core package is 88-93 on idle when i run  programs this goes up i dear not run a game with these temps. 

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @teddiex1x

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. If yes, please do not hesitate to contact us back and provide the following information:

1- Computer Chasis/Case brand and model:

2- What specific steps were taken to troubleshoot this issue? 

3- Was the processor purchased less than 30 days ago?

4- Is there any sign of physical damage on the processor?

5- Did you overclock the processor?

6- Also, please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread to gather more details about your system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Note: To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @teddiex1x

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
teddiex1x
Beginner

hi i have replied to 2 messages sent to me the last with a lot of detail in it at the moment i do not like having pc on for long or play any games due the heat the last one was from AndrewG_Intel (Moderator).

i  have now had 3 recalled back to the shop and have now got the 10900k in with no difference to heat problem it is putting out 86 - 97c attached are 2 screen shots 1 at idle and 1 post stress test 

i have a corsair full size atx case with  6, 140mm on it and a h45 with a 120mm fan all going full speed  due to the chip heat the h45 is only about 4 weeks old and is  working ok  as i put my old sys back together to test it and temps were great.

i have never overclocked a pc ( built 7 so far ) as i do not know how to do it so i have only ever run them as stock pc`s the only thing i have touched in the bios is the temp ignore for the chip after watching a youtube clip on why pc keeps stopping on post with temp issue and switching this to ignore gets the pc to run every thing ells is at default setting. 

0 Kudos