Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14509 Discussions

2 CPU's broken ?

B1NARE
Beginner

Hi,

So I have Intel I5-6402p which is a bit old but never was overclocked and should be still fine. 

But when I enable 3/4 cores the PC starts randomly restarts (I got BSOD's before but at some point it just started to restart) 

As of now the PC can operate normaly at 2 cores only. 

I was trying to solve this issue on other forums but nothing really helped. 

The only things that I know are that when I was getting still BSOD's it was "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" And in Event Viewer I was getting critical error "kernel-power 41 (63)" Thats when the forums told me to buy new PSU because its probably faulty. I did as they said I bought new PSU (600W), and replaced a lot of components for a new ones. But the problem is still here.

Is there any way it could be somehow solved ? Or the CPU has just broken 2 cores ? 

Thank you.

My specs:

CPU: Intel I5-6402p

GPU: AREZ-DUAL-RX580-8G

RAM: HyperX 16GB KIT 2400MHz DDR4 CL12 Predator

Mobo: Gigabyte H110-D3A

PSU: Cooler Master Elite V3 600W

Storage: 250GB SSD, 2x 1TB HDD

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Bad memory?

0 Kudos
B1NARE
Beginner
Hi, unfortunately it is not. I tried 3 different pairs which I know all of them are running on another systems, but the problem is still there.
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

It is certainly not a common occurrence, but I have seen this happen once or twice before (though usually a single core, not two).

I am unsure memory could be culprit, but run some tests anyway. Run tests with only single DIMM installed; try it in each DIMM slot.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos