Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

2600k temperature to hign windows 8.1 or 10

cman1
Beginner

Hi

I have an I7 2600K CPU running on an asus maximus iv gene-z/gen3 motherboard (latest bios intalled), with no overclocks.

I used windows 7 with no temperature problems.

I tried upgrading to windows 10 and the temperatures suddently got way hotter, in idle my cpu gets to 44ºC and running games i get alerts from ai suite that the cpu exceeds the 72º C threshold.

I tried repasting the stock cooler but the problem remains, i installed windows 8.1 to see if the temps would come down and they did, but not like windows 7.

I am considering buying a new cooler (Cooler Master Hyper 212Evo) but i´m affraid it wont resolve the issue and that the problem comes from some hardware malfunction.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Did anyone notice a climb in temperatures from windows 7 / 8.1 / 10?

Many thanks for the support and sorry for the english (not my native language)

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

May I ask why do you believe it is a hardware issue when all you have changed is the operating system?

Are you doing a clean installation of the operating system? Did you install basic drivers such as Intel® Chipset and Intel® Management Engine drivers?

I am afraid you may expect compatibility issues and lack of drivers with Windows* 10 and your hardware as this combination is not supported.

0 Kudos