Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

3 x box fresh Intel 4560 will not boot

joachimgr
Beginner

Hi everyone! For the first time I've come across a computer problem I have no idea how to solve. I am currently building a PC with an Intel G4560 (LGA 1151) processor and Asus B250 Mining Expert motherboard and Corsair ax 1600i PSU. Everytime I try to boot, the PSU fan and CPU fan start spinning, but shuts down after approx 3 sec. Then noting happens. I've changed every part of the system. This is the troubleshooting I've done so far:

• Changed motherboard to Asrock h110 pro btc+ (same thing happens here).
  • Tried two other PSUs (Corsair RM 650x and Corsair RM1000x). These are confirmed to work in other computers.
  • Changed RAM
  • Reset CMOS (also taken out the battery)
  • Tried in total 3 box fresh CPUs (2x G4560 and 1x G4400) all failing to boot
  • Tried to put the CPUs in a computer I know work (motherboard ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero). Same thing happens here (no boot), but when I connect the Intel 9900K to this computer it boots as normal.

The computer shuts down before post beeps, so I get no message or error code to follow.

Can you help me with this problem? As I've said, this is the first time I've come across a problem like this, and have no solution.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

joachimgr, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

For this scenario, the first thing to check is that you are using the proper memory RAM for the Intel® Pentium® Processor G4560, it works with DDR4-2133/2400, DDR3L-1333/1600 @ 1.35V.

What is the brand and model of the memory RAM that you are using? Please provide the number of sticks, voltage, and speed.

Now, regarding the motherboards tested, even though the Intel® Processor is showing in the list as fully compatible, it is very important to verify the BIOS version the board has, for example, for the B250 MINING EXPERT it says that the unit will work with this board if it has BIOS version 0311 or higher as you can confirm in the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

With the H110 Pro BTC+ board, it says that the Intel® Processor will work with it with any of the BIOS versions, so it should work fine on this one:

https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H110%20Pro%20BTC+/index.asp#CPU

Test the computer using the very basic configuration, using just, PSU, board, processor, keyboard, mouse, monitor, and just one memory stick at the time with each stick, no HDD/SSD, you should see the Intel® splash screen or the BIOS of the board.

In reference to the board ROG MAXIMUS X HERO (WI-FI AC), the Intel® Processor is just not compatible with that board:

https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-x-hero-wi-fi-ac-model/helpdesk_cpu/

Once you get the chance, please let us know the results of testing the computer using the very basic configuration.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello joachimgr, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
joachimgr
Beginner

Hi, 

It really was useful! I disconnected all peripherals, only running the PSU, CPU and RAM. Then the machine started. When I connected the SSD, it failed and the reason was that I had mixed in a SATA cable from a different PSU, and that was the reason why it failed to start. So even though the cable fit with the PSU and the SSD, the computer failed to start. It took me a while to understand, but you guided me in the right direction. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi joachimgr, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know those details.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that the information posted previously was useful for you, that the problem was actually related to the SATA cable from a different PSU but that computer is working fine now with no problems.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos