Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14536 Discussions

6242 vs 6226R

psing51
New Contributor I

Hi, 
I am looking for options to purchase few skus. and i am confused between these 2 skus - 6242 and 6226R.6242 has more UPI links and 6226R has slightly more frequency, both having same amount of cores.

Are there any synthetic benchmark numbers (like spec, HPL,STREAM etc) available publicly on which i can look and compare - to get a feel of which one is better ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello psing51

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. 

Benchmark results are only one factor to be considered in evaluating the merits of a system set up, it's recommended that you evaluate all of your needs to determine the most favorable server system choice. Besides, performance depends on multiple variables (hardware, software, firmware, and so on). Therefore, Intel Technical Support doesn't provide benchmarking data results for our server line products and so, for specific information on benchmarking results of a particular program(s), contact the developers of the third-party software you're interested in running. They may already have benchmarking results or may confirm if there's a particular software limitation, or possibly give other suggestions.

You can review the details on performance benchmarks and configuration details for Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors

Reference link: 

Where to find or how to request benchmark test results for Intel® Server Products?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000037824/server-products/server-boards.html

Performance Benchmarks and Configuration Details for Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/benchmarks/xeon-scalable-benchmark.html.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello psing51

I am checking on your community and I would like to know if the information provided has helped with your request.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello psing51

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos