Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14500 Discussions

7600T, post but BSOD

JBoup
Beginner

Just bought a 7600T for $70 as a "broken" processor

Its really not a loss for me even if it is broken, just figured I would give it a try and see if it indeed is bad

So, I currently have a B150I Aura Asus board, B150 chipset obviously so I updated that bios for the Kaby, flashed fine, booted and recognized the 2602 bios update. Cool. Get through post, Windows 10 splash, Blue Screen with the "" face in about 2 seconds.

seems like most of the time its "kmode exception not handled", or "system exception not handled"

tried without video card and with onboard, same result

it acts as if theres a corrupted Windows file. But I cant even repair, when it boots again I get the blue screen

I was able to get as far as re-installing, but as soon as it restarted I was back to square 1.

So im stumped. Its in that boot loop.

is it actually dead?

any advice, ideas would be great

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello JayPri,

I understand that you are having problems with a unit that was bought as "broken" since it is not fully booting.

Regarding this, if the unit was bought as a broken unit and it is giving you a bluescreen it is a high chance that the unit is defective. However, you could try to make sure that none of your components is giving you the bluescreen by using a different processor with the current motherboard you are using.

If after this, the BSOD is gone then it means that the processor is a broken unit. We cannot tell for sure until another one is tested in the system.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
JBoup
Beginner

after QUITE a bit of troubleshooting, I was able to get it to boot fine using 1 core, and then slowly worked my way up until all 4 cores were working

I had to turn the Multiplier down from 28x down to 23x for it to boot all 4. Not sure what thats about, first I thought it was a Voltage issue.

It wont Turbo Boost either, just tops at the Frequency I tuned it to.

I think the current Voltages are around .09V

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello JayPri,

Thank you for your response,

I understand that it is working after modifying the voltage. However we cannot tell how long it will work properly, specially because Intel ® does not recommend changing the voltage of the processor as it makes it work out of specifications.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos