Processors
Processors (Intel® Core™, Intel® Xeon®, etc); processor utilities and programs (Intel® Processor Identification Utility, Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility, Intel® Easy Streaming Wizard, etc.)
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
11674 Discussions

7820HK and TSX

ED4
Beginner

My laptop is on 7820HK processor. Intel's Product Specification tells that TSX is enabled, however CPU-Z doesn't show that TSX instructions are available. Why TSX instructions are missing from my processor?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Perhaps a better question is why are they missing from cpu-z.

Doc

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Yea, from what I can determine, CPU-Z only displays the technologies that have an individual presence bit in the CPUID data. TSX, on the other hand, requires the checking of a complex set of indicators in the CPUID data to determine whether it is present. See this article for more information: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-to-detect-new-instruction-support-in-the-4th-generatio... How to detect New Instruction support in the 4th generation Intel® Core™ processor family.

Hope this helps,

...S