Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

8700K 4700MHZ hits abnormal temps in Assassin Origins

SLitw
Beginner

Hi. This is the only 1 game that hitting my 8700K to abnormal temps. Temps goes to 80 and climbing in random areas to 90-95C and spikes to 100C.

I have 8700K with cooler M9i Cryoring , motherboard Asus Z370 Pro Gaming. MTE is on. XMP memory ON.

This is the only 1 game with such temps. Should i change cooler ? In other games i have temps : 70-80C.

When i see on task manager there are 100% cpu usage when running Origins.

Nothing changed in UEFI. Only XMP profile ON.

Other games temps are ok . But only in Origins it goes as high like 85C to 90C and 90-100C

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You need to verify your fan speed control configuration (typically found in BIOS, though some boards come with applications that let you view/change it in Windows). It should be ensuring that, if temperatures are above, say, ~85c, the processor cooling fan/blower/pump should be running at full speed (100% duty cycle).

BTW, seeing temperatures reach ~85c is fine. Seeing very short duration spikes above that level is also fine. Seeing consistent temperatures above that level is not good.

...S

0 Kudos
SLitw
Beginner

Thanks for reply. Ok when i am starting game temps are in first minutes 80-90C, then climbing to 90's .

And overall temps during game are 80-90's with occasionall spikes to 100C . 100C is not always but every 3 minutes it will spike for a second to 100C.

temps are like 80's,90's,80s,90s,80s,90,90s,100C spike and back down again to 80's. Something like that.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Once temperatures reach ~85c, is the processor cooling fan/blower/pump running at full speed (100% duty cycle)? If not, then the programming is incorrect and needs to be fixed. Best configuration ensures that the processor cooling fan/blower/pump is at full speed for any temperature above ~85c AND, if the processor temperature rises to ~90c (or higher), all other fans in the chassis are also taken to full speed to assist with processor cooling.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos