Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

9900K's TSX instruction is missing

CKarl1
Beginner

Look at the attached files.

In spite of R0 9900K CPU, there is not TSX instruction.

Why? Is it failed CPU?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello CKarl1, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following reports: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach). 

2. Run the Intel® Processor Identification Utility and send the report either in a screenshot or .txt file. Follow the instructions here to download and install. After opening the software, go to CPU TECHNOLOGIES, and provide a screenshot of this part.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
CKarl1
Beginner

I did.

Look at the attached files.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello CKarl1,  

Thank you very much for the information. 

Please let me review this information internally. Once we have an update to share we will post it on this thread.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello CKarl1,   

Thank you for waiting. 

After checking internally, I can confirm that the Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor does support Intel® Transactional Synchronization Extensions (Intel® TSX), however; not all the utilities may report it correctly. Based on that, I would like to confirm the following: 

• Are you trying to use Intel® TSX for any specific purpose? If yes, are you having any issues with it? 
  • In case you are facing problems using the Intel® TSX, please provide more details about that problem. 
  • Additionally, please provide steps to reproduce this behavior, include screenshots, videos, etc. 

Regards,   

Sebastian M   

0 Kudos
CKarl1
Beginner

The TSX function is needed to run the RPCS3 emulator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM5oJE5XSJI

Look at this link.

There is quite a difference, depending on the presence or absence of functions.

And in the case of the CPU-Z, HWinfo64 that I suggested, and the programs that Intel gave me, the function status is displayed normally.

In addition, users can configure its functions in the RPCS3 emulator. Look at the "Other users' RPCS3 setting - TSX" file.

On the other hand, it is inactive on my PC.

Look at the "MY RPCS3 - TSX NOT AVAILABLE." file.

Currently, the TSX function is not available in all widely used and trusted programs.

Please come up with a solution.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello CKarl1,   

Thank you very much for the detailed information.  

We will proceed to review this information internally, please kindly wait for a response. As before, once we have an update we will post it on this thread.   

Regards,   

Sebastian M   

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello CKarl1,    

I hope you are doing fine.  

We are still checking this behavior internally, due to the current pandemic situation this can take a little bit more time. Remember that once we have an update, we will post it on this thread.

Thank you in advance for your patience.  

Regards,    

Sebastian M    

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello CKarl1,     

I want to thank you for your patience once again. 

I would like to let you know that we have been doing some testing about this, we are working hard to come with a solution as soon as possible. 

Please kindly wait for an update.   

Regards,     

Sebastian M     

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello CKarl1,   

Thank you very much for patiently waiting for a response. 

I would like to let you know that we could test a brand new Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor and RPCS3, and we saw the same behavior of TSX not being detected. This confirms that your i9-9900K is not defective. 

The most likely reason why the TSX support is not properly detected in RPCS3 is that the application needs to be updated to work correctly with this processor. Applications must properly detect hardware support for the new instructions using CPUID checks. 

I will highly recommend you to contact the RPCS3 developers for further help on this. Software developers can take advantage of the new instructions via writing assembly code, using intrinsic functions, or relying on compiler automatic code generation.  

Regards,   

Sebastian M   

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello CKarl1,  

Were you able to check the previous post and follow our recommendations? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
CKarl1
Beginner
0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello CKarl1,   

Thanks for the update. 

We will proceed to close this inquiry. If you have any additional questions, please submit a new thread as this one will no longer be monitored. 

Regards,   

Sebastian M   

0 Kudos