Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

Adaptive Mode and Cascade Lake-X (X299)

tistou
New Contributor I

Hello

Adaptive Mode (Vcore) on X299 motherboards does not work with Cascade Lake-X, is it a problem related to the CPU itself ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello tistou,

Thank you for posting your question on this Intel® Community.

To better assist you, we would like to have more information about your system configuration.

• Could you please provide a detailed description of the issue and what you are trying to achieve?
  • How many systems are being impacted by this behavior?
  • Please generate a system report with the Intel® SSU and attach it to the thread.
  1. Intel® SSU Download link
  2. Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU takes you to the "Summary View".
  3. Click on "Summary" to change to a "Detailed View".
  4. To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
tistou
New Contributor I

Hello

Thanks for your reply

I wanted to exchange my Skylake-X for a Cascade Lake-X and it seems that all Cascade Lake-X would be "affected" by this problem (with all motherboards)

Adaptive mode will work if the VID table cooperates. If the CPU is stable at a vcore lower than the VID, then adaptive is a problem

I have no problem with my Skylake-X, Adaptive Mode and a Vcore lower than the VID

Problem reported on some forums : https://www.overclock.net/forum/5-intel-cpus/1737048-intel-core-i9-10980xe-5-ghz-18-cores-124.html

Thanks

PS: sorry for my english

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello tistou,

Thank you for your response.

We would like to mention that there is not a known performance issue reported on Intel® Core™ X-series Processors.

Modifying settings such as VCC, VID, and others to alter voltage or frequency of a processor can produce unpredictable results or system instabilities (overclocking or underclocking). This may also cause your system to work out of specifications.

What we can recommend is that you contact your motherboard manufacturer to obtain more information and step-by-step instructions to modify these settings in BIOS, and how they may impact the performance of your computer.

Also, you may purchase the Performance Tuning Protection Plan to cover processor failures caused by operating the processor outside of Intel’s published specifications.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
tistou
New Contributor I

Hello

If we use a fixed Vcore (VID), no problem

And leave the Vcore in AUTO, it's too high a tension

Motherboard manufacturers can't do anything, the problem comes from the behavior of the VID (too high by default)

Thanks for your help, I will probably keep my Skylake-X

0 Kudos