Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14499 Discussions

Advice on how to get RAPL running on more CPU's

Daniel_Jacoby
Beginner

Hey all!

I have been having a few problems with one of Intel's internal kernel level tools. I am trying to get RAPL (Running Average Power Limit) to work on my laptop's CPU (an Intel i7 11th gen) and my desktop's CPU (i7 12th gen). I have it working on my Ubuntu server which has a 2nd gen Intel Xeon processor, but I can't seem to get access to RAPL on my other CPU's.

Does anyone know how I can get RAPL installed/running on my other laptop and desktop CPUs? The only difference is that I am running the Ubuntu server OS on the Xeon, and Ubuntu Desktop through WSL2 on the other 2 CPUs.

Hopefully I can get some help from someone who has experience with RAPL!

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Daniel_Jacoby,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.

Please, create an account to submit your inquiry in our Intel Developer Zone, as the document you refer to comes from this website. So, you receive further troubleshooting support and get access to documentation.  

Intel Developer Zone - Contact Page  

https://software.intel.com/en-us/support

Best regards,

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Daniel_Jacoby
Beginner

Hi @Jean_Intel!

I made an account for Intel's support forum, and maybe I am a bit lost but where would this Intel Developer Zone forum be? Could you send me a link to the main page for that forum please? As the link you've sent me directs me to Intel's main support page, which is not super helpful for me as I've spent the better part of a day looking through it trying to find the specific Intel Developer Zone forum.

Thank you!

Daniel Jacoby

0 Kudos