Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

After you upgrade a Windows computer won't start

TRynd
Beginner

After the Assembly of the computer:

i5-8400 , z370 aorus ultra gaming, 1060 6gb super jetstream, deepcool redhat , hyperx fury 8x2, cheftec a-90 750.

I installed Windows 10 and installed the driver. After you upgrade Windows when I rebooted the computer to update to take effect. He renewed himself was involved. but after 30 minutes it rebooted itself. I started it and it started to include cycled reboot. On the motherboard there is a led panel responsible for serviceability of components. Led flashlight on the Panel light up above the inscription "cpu" that talks about this processor malfunction. I removed the cooler, erased and thermal grease from the processor and from the cooler. Removed the processor and looked for bent pins. Everything was back to normal at the expense of the legs on the motherboard. Dumped the BIOS. I just can't start BIOS. Going cyclic restart. Nothing helped. Here I am writing to you. Help please)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, Tatyanna11110.

Thank you very much for taking the time to reach the Intel® Communities Team.

I understand you are unable to boot your computer after a Windows update. Allow me to help you regarding this issue you are facing.

Is there any chance for you to test this CPU into another motherboard? If so, please let me know the results.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, Tatyanna11110.

I would like to double check if you were able to perform the troubleshooting step that I attached in the post above and the results.

Antony S.
0 Kudos