Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14513 Discussions

All USB ports dont work once reaching Windows 10. USB xHCI problem: Code 10. Cannot Start.

idata
Employee

Hey there, currently typing with a ps2 mouse.

From last Friday, randomly, my USB ports stopped working upon booting normally, ive tried disabling, uninstalling, windows updates, resetting windows, refresh... Still no luck.

Ive got it working randomly by just using hardware troubleshooter, but after shutting down.. USB dies again.. They can work in Bios just fine.

The Intel Utility provides no help aswell.

Hardware:

Intel(R)Core(TM) i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50GHZ

Windows 10

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Motherboard.

Someone save me...

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello michelsaint,

First make sure all drivers have been installed:
  1. Check Device Manager for errors on USB and system devices.
  2. If errors in Device Manager are present, reinstall the Intel® Chipset Driver Software. The software can be installed from either:
    • The Express Installer CD that came with your board (in the Software\Driver\Chipset_INF folder)
  3. If drivers are required for the USB device, make sure you have the latest driver from the device manufacturer.

Make sure you have Windows® up to date now the USB 3.0 driver is provided through windows update.

Upgrade the BIOS to latest version. Get the latest version BIOS from your OEM.

If nothing works, you will need to contact your motherboard manufacturer to get support or a replacement for the motherboard

Best wishes,

Ivan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ,

I'm following on this post to ask you if your issue has been resolved or if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Ivan.
0 Kudos