Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14505 Discussions

Any XTU available release for ice lake-u processors

Gnyueh
Novice

I got a 1065G7 laptop and as usual I tried to install xtu on it to adjust PL1 and PL2, only to find that the new processor is not supported. I wonder if there is any XTU available release for ice lake-u processors and if not when will there be one.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Only X an K processors are supported on XTU.

No comments are provided on future releases/support.

Doc

0 Kudos
Gnyueh
Novice

I can install XTU on my previous 4200H and 8400 processor based computers(LLC frequency and PL are adjustable while boost frequency not). I don't think that's the reason.

Best.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

On the XTU download page, it says "This download is valid for the product(s) listed below.", for which only X and K processors are shown.

And, your original question was about current and future support for U processors.

Doc

0 Kudos
Gnyueh
Novice

https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/29863798

an example of tuning 8th gen U processor with XTU.

If you​ haven't tried XTU yet, I would suggest you to have a try or we could have some more meaningful conversations about what to have for breakfast.

Best,

Keihou.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

It is not an issue of trying it. It is an issue of what is supported. And, only X and K processors are supported.

If you believe what is in the link you provided, then why come here asking about support for U processors?

I suggest you read the documentation I provided,

Doc

0 Kudos
Gnyueh
Novice

Make no mistake, 8th gen u process has been supported long time ago as the link is demostrated and what I am asking is when will XTU's support for 10th gen u (cml-u and icl-u) processors ​come. I have read the XTU documents, and the listed processors there are just those with unlocked core frequency while for the locked ones, as I have said, LLC frequency, voltage and PL are still adjustable with XTU.

Since this conversation hasn't make any progress and both your time and mine are precious I will not further continue.

Thanks anyway.

Best,

Keihou.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

And, as I said in my first post, "No comments are provided on future releases/support."

Doc

0 Kudos