Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gnyueh
Novice

Any XTU available release for ice lake-u processors

I got a 1065G7 laptop and as usual I tried to install xtu on it to adjust PL1 and PL2, only to find that the new processor is not supported. I wonder if there is any XTU available release for ice lake-u processors and if not when will there be one.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Only X an K processors are supported on XTU.

No comments are provided on future releases/support.

Doc

Gnyueh
Novice

I can install XTU on my previous 4200H and 8400 processor based computers(LLC frequency and PL are adjustable while boost frequency not). I don't think that's the reason.

Best.

AlHill
Super User

On the XTU download page, it says "This download is valid for the product(s) listed below.", for which only X and K processors are shown.

And, your original question was about current and future support for U processors.

Doc

Gnyueh
Novice

https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/29863798

an example of tuning 8th gen U processor with XTU.

If you​ haven't tried XTU yet, I would suggest you to have a try or we could have some more meaningful conversations about what to have for breakfast.

Best,

Keihou.

AlHill
Super User

It is not an issue of trying it. It is an issue of what is supported. And, only X and K processors are supported.

If you believe what is in the link you provided, then why come here asking about support for U processors?

I suggest you read the documentation I provided,

Doc

Gnyueh
Novice

Make no mistake, 8th gen u process has been supported long time ago as the link is demostrated and what I am asking is when will XTU's support for 10th gen u (cml-u and icl-u) processors ​come. I have read the XTU documents, and the listed processors there are just those with unlocked core frequency while for the locked ones, as I have said, LLC frequency, voltage and PL are still adjustable with XTU.

Since this conversation hasn't make any progress and both your time and mine are precious I will not further continue.

Thanks anyway.

Best,

Keihou.

AlHill
Super User

And, as I said in my first post, "No comments are provided on future releases/support."

Doc