Hi, i bought a Asus z87 a mobo and a i7 4770 intel cpu, the cpu is brand new and the mobo seem to be too, but it don't want to post and the vga led stay on, with or without my dedicated gpu, i tought that the mobo was faulty , but now i'm wondering if the cpu is faulty, is it a possible symptom?
Before using the new Intel 4th Gen Core processors, we suggest that you first download the BIOS updater for new Intel 4th Gen Core Processors and then update the BIOS using this tool
So you need a previous generation CPU (3000 series), update BIOS with it, and only after that install a 4gen CPU.
Thank you for contacting the Intel Communities.
The BIOS update advised by is indeed a good troubleshooting step for you to perform.
Also, I have some other troubleshooting steps for you to perform.
1. Test the system without RAM, you should receive 3 beeps in the power button, no video will be present.
2. Test your RAM modules separately on each DIMM slot.
3. Also check that all the connections are properly set. (HDMI, power adapter, RAM, SSD, etc.
4. Test the system without any additional components, if it works, add one component at a time in order to check if one of them is the problem.
5. Test a different power supply if doable.
6. If possible, test your board with a different CPU.
7. If your Motherboard has a POST code LED display, check the last error code present and match it with the code list from your Motherboard's manual to better understand the possible cause of the issue.
8. Check the compatibility of your RAM: DDR3-1333/1600, DDR3L-1333/1600 @ 1.5V would be the supported RAM by your http://ark.intel.com/products/75122/Intel-Core-i7-4770-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-3_90-GHz Intel® Core™ i7-4770 Processor (8M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz) Specifications
Do not hesitate to advise me with the behavior of your computer if the problem persists after performing the steps above.