Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

Atom x5-z8500 Driver for Asus T100

JoaoB20
Beginner

Hello, 

Anyone can help me find  the atom x5-z8500 socpackage for my Asus transformer book?

Already spoke with Asus support center and they can't help neither (waste of time). 

At Asus driver support download for the T100ha shows to download the x5-z8300 socpackage, but won't install on my T100 because the chipset is the z8500...

If one you can help i really appreciate.

Regards

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello JoaoB20, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. Are you looking for chipset drivers?

Also please download and install the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JoaoB20
Beginner

Hello Josue O.

Yes, it seems that is the chipset drivers that i am looking for.

As you asked, here it is the SSU detailed view of the Asus.

Regards

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello JoaoB20,

We found the available chipset drivers for your system on the ASUS website for your system, we share with you the link for your convenience. 

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/T100HA/HelpDesk_Download/

Please take into consideration that chipset drivers are exclusively provided by the system manufacturer and Intel does not have any available drivers for the chipset of OEM systems. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JoaoB20
Beginner

Hello Josue O.

That  chipset drivers at the Asus site do not mach with my computer, i have already try it and when i tryed to installed it do not worked because it said that was not compatible... when you run it the installer it says atom z3700 and mine is the z8500... I don't know why Asus made that...

That's why i asked for help here, because Asus do not could help me at all.

Regards

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello JoaoB20,

The only way to get drivers for your chipset is via the OEM, this is because the chipset is embedded on the motherboard and the OEM customizes it in order for it to work. This is why they are the ones that need to provide the driver. 

Our recommendation is to see if Asus have in their database a file with the chipset for your system, this is because from our side we are unable to get the driver you are looking for. 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos