Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14539 Discussions

B460 Mainboard memory Overclock 3200Mhz!

sensation
Beginner
The b460 board still does not overclock 3200Mhz memory.

If only existing 10th generation CPUs can be used

The memory clock must support 3200Mhz overclock.

This is a minimal courtesy for Intel fans.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Must support? What part of 'the overclocking of memory is not guaranteed to work and could void your warranty' didn't you understand?

In most cases, the quality of the motherboard is actually the thing responsible for an inability to overclock memory. My personal rule is: Never buy boards with B chipsets. If they are using the cheapest chipset, it is likely that there are other places where they have cheaped out as well. Remember, you get what you pay for - or don't.

Off my soapbox now.

...S

0 Kudos
sensation
Beginner
You already bought it, but don't buy it? Users have loved and loved Intel so far. The b560m board supports 11th generation cpu and enables memory overclocking.
On the other hand, on the existing b460m board, the 11th generation cpu is not compatible and even memory overclocking did not release the BIOS. I hope you feel sorry for users who use 10th generation cpu. Intel has been interlocking CPUs at second generation intervals countless times. But not this time.

So at least 3200Mhz of memory on the b460m motherboard! Release the BIOS by overclocking.

0 Kudos
sensation
Beginner
You already bought it, but don't buy it? Users have loved and loved Intel so far. The b560m board supports 11th generation cpu and enables memory overclocking.
On the other hand, on the existing b460m board, the 11th generation cpu is not compatible and even memory overclocking did not release the BIOS. I hope you feel sorry for users who use 10th generation cpu. Intel has been interlocking CPUs at second generation intervals countless times. But not this time.

So at least 3200Mhz of memory on the b460m motherboard! Release the BIOS by overclocking.
0 Kudos