Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

BIOS update for intel dh87mc motherboard

Compubrain
Beginner
Hi ,
I have dh87mc motherboard with two çorsair vengeance RAMs (one 4GB and other 8GB) and intel i3 4130 processor. I am seeing this strange issue that when trying to boot it giving three beep sound periodically and then restarting back again . Previously it undetected one RAM of 8GB , then I restarted and it resolved the issue but now it's just restarting with beep sound as said earlier . My technician said there seems some issue in RAM detection by motherboard so needs to update bios to check further .I tried to search but I couldn't find bios update for intel dh87mc bios update so I am here in a hope to get the download link for the same . Also I need suggestion that what could possibly be the issue ? I tried to run with each RAM seperately , once without any RAM and with changing their respective slots ,everytime it's showing same problem three beeps periodically and then restarting ,so please provide suggestions with BIOS update download link , thank you
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What bios version do you have installed?

provide exact model numbers of your memory.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Compubrain
Beginner
Thank you for responding ,I never updated my BIOS and I bought it in 2013 so hopefully it would be first version . About RAM then they are Corsair CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10 Desktop Ram Vengeance Series - 8GB (8GBx1) DDR3 DRAM 1600MHz Black. And Corsair CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9 Vengeance 4GB Single Module DDR3 Memory Kit
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Just look in the bios and verify the version number.

0 Kudos
Compubrain
Beginner
Hi,
How can I check BIOS version when system is not booting ?
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Ok, good point.   Did the board ever work with the memory you have?

Here is a list of memory requirements and supported memory:

https://web.archive.org/web/20210921200114/https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006860/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards.html

Try getting one stick of this memory and see if the board gets past the 3 beeps.

0 Kudos