Processors
Processors (Intel® Core™, Intel® Xeon®, etc); processor utilities and programs (Intel® Processor Identification Utility, Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility, Intel® Easy Streaming Wizard, etc.)
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience is changing in February to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.
12775 Discussions

BIOS update for intel dh87mc motherboard

Compubrain
Beginner
Hi ,
I have dh87mc motherboard with two çorsair vengeance RAMs (one 4GB and other 8GB) and intel i3 4130 processor. I am seeing this strange issue that when trying to boot it giving three beep sound periodically and then restarting back again . Previously it undetected one RAM of 8GB , then I restarted and it resolved the issue but now it's just restarting with beep sound as said earlier . My technician said there seems some issue in RAM detection by motherboard so needs to update bios to check further .I tried to search but I couldn't find bios update for intel dh87mc bios update so I am here in a hope to get the download link for the same . Also I need suggestion that what could possibly be the issue ? I tried to run with each RAM seperately , once without any RAM and with changing their respective slots ,everytime it's showing same problem three beeps periodically and then restarting ,so please provide suggestions with BIOS update download link , thank you
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What bios version do you have installed?

provide exact model numbers of your memory.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

Compubrain
Beginner
Thank you for responding ,I never updated my BIOS and I bought it in 2013 so hopefully it would be first version . About RAM then they are Corsair CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10 Desktop Ram Vengeance Series - 8GB (8GBx1) DDR3 DRAM 1600MHz Black. And Corsair CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9 Vengeance 4GB Single Module DDR3 Memory Kit
AlHill
Super User

Just look in the bios and verify the version number.

Compubrain
Beginner
Hi,
How can I check BIOS version when system is not booting ?
AlHill
Super User

Ok, good point.   Did the board ever work with the memory you have?

Here is a list of memory requirements and supported memory:

https://web.archive.org/web/20210921200114/https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/...

Try getting one stick of this memory and see if the board gets past the 3 beeps.