Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

BSOD during IPDT or Prime Numbers Fail

ptkptkptk
Beginner

Hi,

I've been having random BSODs while using my PC. Sometimes, it happens when Idle and other times it happens when I'm using my browser. I've already tried removing GFX card, swapping out RAM. I've run the test for my RAM and SSD and they both came out as PASS.

Now, every time I run the IPDT, one of two things always happen. Either I get a FAIL on the Prime Numbers, or, I get a BSOD.

Please let me know what should be done. I'm using i5-10400.

Let me know if you require any more info from my end.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello ptkptkptk,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community.

To better assist you, please provide us with the below information:

• Specific BSOD (If possible, attach a picture)
  • Provide the IPDT results.
  • Was the system working fine before?

Provide the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello ptkptkptk,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
ptkptkptk
Beginner

Hi Maria,

I've run the IPDT tests multiple times and it shows "Fail" on the Prime Number always. Sometimes, I get a Blue screen when the test is running as well. I'm attaching the results of the IPDT and also from the SSU.

Please help me.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello ptkptkptk,

Thank you for the information provided.

I noticed that you are not using the latest BIOS, can you please contact the motherboard manufacturer for instructions and update to version Version 1604 (latest) this is just to discard.

With the latest BIOS installed, please run a new IPDT report and save the results as a .txt file, please attach it to the thread.

Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool (IPDT)

• Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool download.
  • The diagnostic tool checks for brand identification, verifies the processor operating frequency, tests specific processor features and performs a stress test on the processor.
  • To save the report, once the test is done, click on "File >> View Results File" and attach the .txt file to your reply

Also, by any chance, have you tried to reinstall Windows using a fresh Windows image?

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello ptkptkptk,

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
ptkptkptk
Beginner
Hi,
Sorry for the late response. My PC is currently at the service/repair shop. The technician has already eliminated Software issue since he had done a complete reinstall of Windows and the problem was still present after that. He has replaced the RAM and Graphics card as well and the problem still persists.
Next, he will try troubleshooting with a replacement Motherboard and finally the processor. If there is an issue with the Processor, please guide me on how to RMA since my processor is still under warranty.
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

After verifying that your warranty is still active (here: Determine if Your Product Is Still Under Warranty), you need to directly contact Intel Customer Support to initiate the RMA process (you cannot do this through the forums). Here are pages where you can lookup contact information, including local/country phone numbers, by geography:

You can use the online forms service or email, but I actually recommend calling them directly. The above links provide local or toll-free numbers in most countries and support most local languages. You could also use the chat service (start here: Intel Customer Support Chat), but understand that this service is offered in English only and is subject to the normal (9:00-5:00 M-F) office hours in the Pacific (UTC-8) time zone.

Hope this helps,

...S

David_G_Intel

Hello @ptkptkptk,

As n_scott_pearson mentioned, we recommend to contact those numbers to get directly to live support and replace the product if the warranty is still active.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos