Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14516 Discussions

Bandwidth with a Xeon Gold 6130 Processor ?

TJans7
Beginner

Hi,

I am looking at installing a Dell R630 with 1x Xeon Gold 6130 Processor and 2x 32GB RDIMM 2666MT/s Dual Rank. I have looked through the specs and the chosen processor has 3x UPI links. Is this a worthwhile configuration as I am working to a buget and want to get the maximum for the money I have. Would it be worth fully populating the the 6 available channels for this processor or better to get 2 processor and manage the memory across ?

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SergioS_Intel
Hello TJans7, Based on the description of the system that you are planning to install, our suggestion will be to populate all the memory dimms on dual channel mode, by doing this you will be able to check the performance and eventually buying a second if necessary. You can find more information about Dual channel memory mode here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005657/boards-and-kits.html Additionally, we do recommend contacting Dell technical support in order to check the compatibility between all the components. Best regards, Sergio S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel
Hello TJans7, I am following your questions and would like to know if you have any more questions. Best regards, Sergio S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel
Hello TJans7, I am following your case if you need more information, please feel free to contact us back. Best regards, Sergio S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel
Hello TJans7, In case you need more assistance please feel free to contact us back. Best regards, Sergio S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos