Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

Battery Consumption After XTU

IcyFlamingArrow
Beginner

After I have used XTU on an i5-10300H, and uninstalled it reverting back to the normal profile, the discharge of the battery on my laptop increased significantly despite a dimmer brightness setting  and the fan is operating more frequently prior the the XTU applications. Is this issue resolvable inside Windows 10 or will I have to examine the components?

Thank you for your help,

it is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

XTU does not support your processor.  As for the rest, I do not know.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello IcyFlamingArrow,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I need to inform you that as AlHill stated your processor is not compatible with the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) as your device is not unlocked. This utility is only for “K” or “X” processors. You can check the compatible processors for this tool here.

I would recommend restoring your laptop BIOS back to defaults to ensure that your computer is working with stock settings.

For that, and to discard any possible failing component I would strongly recommend checking with your laptop manufacturer for further assistance.

Please check the Computer Manufacturer Support Websites for contact information.

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello IcyFlamingArrow,

I was checking your post and I noticed that we have not heard back from you. 

I hope that you are able to resolve this matter with your OEM for further recommendations or settings to ensure top performance and check components integrity.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored  

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician   

0 Kudos