Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

Best Thermal Paste. Acer Nitro 5 Core i7 7700HQ

KCine
Beginner

ive got a new Acer Nitro 5 Laptop with Intel Core i7 7700HQ, this laptop is prone to high CPU temps, i have already undervolted a little bit and it helped but id like to further decrease my temps, so ive come to the repasting stage, id like to know which paste is recommend for laptops in particular. I hear some people saying some pastes leak out due to the heatinks being uneven or not having a lot of pressure to keep the paste from seeping out, also that we usually transport our laptops so thats also a factor that doesnt help the paste stay in its place, so im looking for something that wont leak out but that also is excellent for reducing temps.. again this is laptop specific can anyone help me out? Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, illenic.

Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® Communities Team.

I understand you would like to know which is the best Thermal Paste for you to use on your https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/series/nitro5 ACER® system. I will be more than glad to assist you further.

Allow me to share with you that for the Intel® Boxed Processors we recommend the G15816-001 but, since this is an embedded processor which is assembled into your system by the manufacturer I would highly recommend you to get in touch with https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support ACER® Support so they can let you know which is the best option for you or if the thermal paste mentioned above will work on your machine.

Antony S.
KCine
Beginner

Thanks for the reply!! I tried to contact them and they didn't really have a suggestion and all the research I've done shows me that the oem paste they use isn't the best so I figured I'd ask the manufacturer of my processor! Would the one you recommended in your post be a good choice?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, illenic.

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

I am sorry to hear that they did not have any suggestion. As previously mentioned, that is the thermal paste recommended for the boxed processor and it works fine with them so if you would like to use it it will be a good option but the results may vary.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
KCine
Beginner

Ok thank you! Do you know a little but about the aftermarket thermal pastes that are available?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, illenic.

You are more than welcome! Regarding your question, unfortunately not nonetheless, you can always check retail sites like Newegg*, Amazon* or any other online store.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
KCine
Beginner

Ok I'll check that out thank you very much!!

0 Kudos
tkakk
Beginner

I am using the same configuration and I never face any issue of heating up or overclocking, but if you are facing then I would recommend you to go for non-other than ARCTIC thermal paste as they are https://www.thecrazybuyers.com/best-thermal-pastes/ best thermal paste you can have.

0 Kudos
ORobe2
Beginner

One very intresting option is the K5 PRO

It is a thermal paste that is easy to use and has very good appliacation.I use it on my intel in the last 2 years and I don't have any complain.if you want to check this option you can do it easily by searching on youtube for a tutorial (for a example a video named K5 PRO Thermal paste for use instead of thermal pads)

0 Kudos