Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14512 Discussions

Bios TXT Help.

Midgetfire
Beginner

Hello all. I have a slight problem with setting up my UEFI Bios and was hoping I could get some help. When trying to activate Trusted Execution (TXE) in Bios I getting two different error messages depending on certain settings I set in Bios. I know these settings work in previous tests but have forgotten my self how to correctly fix these problem codes since I have been away. I have two photos with the error codes I have received and I think they are more windows related than Bios but I may be wrong.

If you know anything please comment for me, Thanks.Intel TXT Information_[01-26-59].jpgIntel TXT Information_[01-33-47].jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Midgetfire
Beginner

The Bottom photo is the main problem I would like fixed

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

Midgetfire
Beginner

Intel System Support Utility

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Midgetfire

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Based on the Intel® System Support Utility report we noticed that the motherboard is model "C246-WU4" from GIGABYTE* and it comes with Intel® C246 Chipset. Also, we noticed the processor on this system is an Intel® Core™ i5-8600 Processor. We can confirm that both the processor and the chipset support Intel® Trusted Execution Technology.

Intel® Trusted Execution Technology (Intel® TXT) is a set of hardware extensions to Intel® processors and chipsets that enhance the digital office platform with security capabilities such as measured launch and protected execution.

It is worth mentioning that Intel® doesn't provide Intel® Trusted Execution Engine (Intel® TXE) or Intel® TXT drivers for third-party computers but only for specific Intel® Products (e.g.: Intel® NUCs, Intel® Compute Cards, etc.).

Intel® TXE/TXE drivers for third-party systems are provided by computer manufacturers (OEM) that usually customized those drivers to meet their systems' needs. System administrators and system owners should get drivers and firmware updates directly from their OEM websites.

Also, it is important to highlight that every OEM may design their BIOS with specific features or limitations. Your OEM is the one that is familiar with their BIOS design, features, settings, error codes, etc. For assistance specific to error codes in OEM BIOS or Intel® TXE/TXE drivers and configuration please contact your OEM GIGABYTE* for proper support. For your convenience, here is the link to GIGABYTE® Support.

Having said that, we will proceed to close this inquiry now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos