Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14527 Discussions

Bios Update Intel i7 9700k on Gigaybyte Z370P D3- no more Turbo Frequency-

GuLu70
Beginner

Hello,

My longtime problem is, if i update my Mainboard BIOS after Version F13 ( so i mean F14 to F15b ) the prozessor won´t hold the max Turbo Frequenzy on heavy load. For example, when i start an app like Cinebench or other benchmarks or a game frequency of my 9700k steps down to base clock which is 3600mhz. But it should hold 4600mhz. No matter if BIOS runs in default settings or i manually set the clock frequencies.

I tried all Bios after the F13.

F14 comes with the "Update CPU Microcode to address a potential security vulnerability in CPU". I guess this is the problem. Gigaybyte won´t help me. They said, ask your Intel cpu support service.

So my question is: Why does my system don´t accept this security update of microcode? Does someone have same problem? How can i fix this to install newest BIOS to prevent my system of this vulnerabilit? Moreover would  like to have the official 2300mhz ram support of my board.

Mainboard: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z370P-D3-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

Ram: Mushkin Redline Ridgeback G2 DIMM Kit 32GB 3600MHz.

Same problem with my old RAM 16GB Gskill Aegis 3000mhz

Thanks for helping

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You must work with gigabyte to resolve this.  It is THEIR bios.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
GuLu70
Beginner

They say, in what way the patch affects the performance you have to ask intel. Nobody seems to be interested if a customer has a problem with their products. Guess it means: pay and then shout up.

0 Kudos
GuLu70
Beginner

The thing seems to be, the CPU doesen´t receives more then 95Watt with that new BIOS. Otherwise the BIOS decreases the Ratio inkl Uncore. Depending on how much load, it clocks down up to 3600mhz. No matter if i change anything in BIOS manually. The CPU receaves never more then 95Watt. On Bios F13 it recieves up to 150 Watt with Cinebench running.

Perhaps someone knows a fix and has same problem with BIOS F14.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Again, it is Gigabyte's BIOS.  Try their forum for discussion regarding their  bios.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos