Processors
Processors (Intel® Core™, Intel® Xeon®, etc); processor utilities and programs (Intel® Processor Identification Utility, Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility, Intel® Easy Streaming Wizard, etc.)
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.
12371 Discussions

Bios Update Intel i7 9700k on Gigaybyte Z370P D3- no more Turbo Frequency-

GuLu70
Beginner

Hello,

My longtime problem is, if i update my Mainboard BIOS after Version F13 ( so i mean F14 to F15b ) the prozessor won´t hold the max Turbo Frequenzy on heavy load. For example, when i start an app like Cinebench or other benchmarks or a game frequency of my 9700k steps down to base clock which is 3600mhz. But it should hold 4600mhz. No matter if BIOS runs in default settings or i manually set the clock frequencies.

I tried all Bios after the F13.

F14 comes with the "Update CPU Microcode to address a potential security vulnerability in CPU". I guess this is the problem. Gigaybyte won´t help me. They said, ask your Intel cpu support service.

So my question is: Why does my system don´t accept this security update of microcode? Does someone have same problem? How can i fix this to install newest BIOS to prevent my system of this vulnerabilit? Moreover would  like to have the official 2300mhz ram support of my board.

Mainboard: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z370P-D3-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

Ram: Mushkin Redline Ridgeback G2 DIMM Kit 32GB 3600MHz.

Same problem with my old RAM 16GB Gskill Aegis 3000mhz

Thanks for helping

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You must work with gigabyte to resolve this.  It is THEIR bios.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

GuLu70
Beginner

They say, in what way the patch affects the performance you have to ask intel. Nobody seems to be interested if a customer has a problem with their products. Guess it means: pay and then shout up.

GuLu70
Beginner

The thing seems to be, the CPU doesen´t receives more then 95Watt with that new BIOS. Otherwise the BIOS decreases the Ratio inkl Uncore. Depending on how much load, it clocks down up to 3600mhz. No matter if i change anything in BIOS manually. The CPU receaves never more then 95Watt. On Bios F13 it recieves up to 150 Watt with Cinebench running.

Perhaps someone knows a fix and has same problem with BIOS F14.

AlHill
Super User

Again, it is Gigabyte's BIOS.  Try their forum for discussion regarding their  bios.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]