Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14526 Discussions

BitLocker Key is saved in Intel Chip?

Taucher2020
Beginner

Dear Intel Community Members,

i have a question about the intel processor chip.
Beacause of a service technician has damaged the intel processor chip of my mainboard.
Now i need a BitLocker Key when i would like to using my harddrive with a new mainboard.
I have no BitLocker Key.
When i will repair and buy a new intel processor chip of the damaged mainboard, my damaged mainboard can ply with it or was the BitLocker Key saved in the intel processor chip of my damaged mainboard?

Thanks for your answers.

Greetings
Taucher2020

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You need to contact Microsoft regarding bitlocker.  If you have a Microsoft online account, they may have saved your key(s).

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
Taucher2020
Beginner

Hello AlHill,

i have not activated the BitLocker before so i don`t have the BitLocker Key related to a Microsoft online account how i have written before.

My question is if i have to buy a new intel processor chip for about 400$ for my damaged mainboard? Is the BitLocker Key safed in the intel processor chip or not?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I am having trouble understanding what good a new processor would do for a damaged motherboard, if I understand you correctly.

No, the bitlocker key is not stored in the processor.

0 Kudos
Taucher2020
Beginner

That is a great information for me.

Because my hope is that when i replace the damaged intel chip processor on the damaged motherboard the BitLocker Key will be realizing from an other component automatically and i can using my harddrive again normally.

What do you mean on which component of the motherboard the BitLocker Key is safed?

On my motherboard is no TPM Chip.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

"What do you mean on which component of the motherboard the BitLocker Key is safed?"

I never mentioned any other component.

"On my motherboard is no TPM Chip."

Again, I do not know where you are getting this information.  I am having trouble understanding whether you are saying the motherboard is damaged or the processor is damaged.

Take your system back to the service technician and have him sort it out with you in person.

0 Kudos