Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14399 Discussions

Blue Screens on Gaming Laptop After Closing Screen

ATSo1
Beginner
Hi, I’ve been having an issue with my older gaming laptop. It is an MSI GP62MVR 6RF Leopard Pro with an i7-7700HQ and GTX 1060. The computer works just fine, gaming and doing things on the desktop. But whenever I close the screen and it goes into sleep mode, I can hear the fans ramping up and feel it getting hot. Whenever I open the screen up, it is on a blue screen with the Stop code: DRIVER UNLOADED WITHOUT CANCELLING PENDING OPERATIONS. The file that failed was: SynTP.sys. Every time it would restart itself, I’d have to repair windows, or it won’t boot.

I looked up the driver, and others have been having issues with it too. They said the only to fix it is to uninstall the driver, which I can’t seem to be able to find. Does anyone know if that is the solution, and if so, how to execute

I want to know if it’s something like a bad driver or if the laptop is dying of something physically wrong. Just making sure, being that I’ve had this laptop for almost five years, and it’s never had this issue.

- Thank you
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

ATSo1, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

For this scenario, in order to rule out a possible hardware problem with the processor, install and run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool, it does an overall test on the unit and if it passes the test it means it is working properly:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15951/intel-processor-diagnostic-tool.html?wapkw=intel%20processor%20diagnostic%20tool

It is important to mention that when using a mobile device, such as a laptop, everything is customized by the manufacturer of the computer, they can enable/disable BIOS settings as well as features and functions, in order for the laptop to comply with the functionality advertised for their products.

We always recommend to install the drivers provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since those drivers were customized by them to work with your specific platform. Please try to install the chipset driver and the management engine driver provided by MSI, choose your Operating System from the link below to install them:

https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GP62MVR-6RF-Leopard-Pro/support#driver

Additionally, we suggest to get in contact directly with MSI Support to make sure the latest BIOS version is currently installed in your machine or to gather the instructions on how to update it:

https://www.msi.com/support

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello ATSo1, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello ATSo1, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos